Many women these days have a lot more on their plate than in the past. Women are often working long hours, not getting enough sleep, caring for either children or another family member, falling into poor eating habit and compromising their own health due to their busy lifestyles. Of course this takes a massive burden on a women’s health and often signs of nutritional deficiencies, adrenal fatigue and organ imbalances are ignored.
These can include:
- low energy levels
- lowered immune system
- insomnia or disturbed sleep patterns
- digestive disturbances
- irritable bowel
- skin irritation such as acne, eczema and psoriasis
- hormonal imbalances and irregular menstrual cycles
- thyroid disease
- headaches and migraines
- sugar and carbohydrate cravings
- weight gain or weight loss
- High cholesterol and blood pressure
What to expect during your consultation
During your naturopathic consultation your total health will be assessed with any longstanding as well as recent health issues being at the forefront when tailoring your treatment plan. Any further investigations required such as blood tests will be advised on an individual basis, however it is advisable to bring any recent pathology results with you to your initial appointment.
Your treatment plan will often include the use of the following:
- Diet and lifestyle planning
- Herbal medicines, these may either be in liquid or tablet form
- Nutritional medicines such as vitamins and minerals, often used to address deficiencies or help with certain conditions
- Pathology testing to check any underlying concerns
During your follow up consultations you will be closely monitored to ensure you are achieving your health goals.