What is a Detox and how can it help me?
A detoxification program is a specially designed health plan that is implemented over a period of time, whether it be 2 – 6 weeks or up to 3 months or more, depending on what you feel your body requires at the time.
The program designed by naturopath Daniela Viola will be specifically tailored to you during your consultation so that you can achieve whatever health goal you may have, whether it be:
- Weight loss
- Liver cleansing due to long or short term use of drugs/medications or chemical exposure
- Healthier dietary and lifestyle habits
- Improving digestive and bowel function
- Eliminating allergies
- Preconception detox
- To help clear up skin conditions such as acne, eczema and psoriasis
- To help correct blood sugar imbalances
- Boost your immune system
Or just as a seasonal spring clean for your body!
What does a detox program involve?
Essentially a detox is a way cleansing the body of accumulated waste products and toxins which have built up over time as a consequence of poor diet, stress, illnesses, medications and environmental toxins. These waste products and toxins are often stored in fat tissue and other tissues of the body.
A good detox aims to stimulate the channels of elimination such the kidneys, bowels, liver and skin to allow these products to be easily excreted from the body.
By excreting these products in a fast and efficient manner the body is relieved of toxic waste leaving you feeling cleansed and energised, and most importantly allowing your body to function at 100%
The following will be part of your detox program:
- Herbal medicines to increase excretion of toxins and waste from the body
- Nutritional supplements to help boost and strengthen your overall health and immune system
- Probiotics to provide the bowel and gut with beneficial flora needed for a healthy digestive system and to aid elimination from the bowel
- Dietary and lifestyle guidelines
Why Detox on a regular basis?
Detoxing should be viewed as a body tune up and should ideally be undertaken on a seasonal basis. By detoxing regularly you will find that your general health will increase, seasonal colds, flus and allergies can often be avoided, energy levels will be at their optimum and most importantly a good detox will leave you feeling and looking great!