Male health covers a vast array of health concerns; from helping to build muscle mass as part of your fitness regime to managing high cholesterol and blood pressure, many men have found benefit as a result of naturopathic treatment.
Often lifestyle and environment take their toll on our health, working long hours, poor dietary choices, little or no exercise and poor sleep patterns can easily lead to nutritional deficiencies, adrenal fatigue and organ imbalance. Naturopathic treatment aims to address these imbalances returning you to a state of wellbeing and good health.
Areas of male health concern may include:
- Low libido
- Poor sperm health
- Prostate health
- High cholesterol and/or blood pressure
- Digestive concerns such as food allergies/ intolerances, irritable bowel, indigestion and reflux
- Bowel disease
- Weight gain, weight loss and building muscle mass
- Insulin resistance and blood sugar imbalance
- Muscle and joint complaints
- Chronic fatigue or low energy levels
- Lowered immune system
- Detoxification, especially if you are in a field of work where you may be exposed to chemicals and heavy metals
- Nutrient deficiencies and general health
What to expect during your consultation
During your naturopathic consultation your total health will be assessed with any longstanding as well as recent health issues being at the forefront when tailoring your treatment plan. Any further investigations required such as blood tests will be advised on an individual basis, however it is advisable to bring any recent pathology results with you to your initial appointment.
Your treatment plan will often include the use of the following:
- Diet and lifestyle planning
- Herbal medicines, these may either be in liquid or tablet form
- Nutritional medicines such as vitamins and minerals, often used to address deficiencies or help with certain conditions
- Pathology testing to check any underlying concerns
During your follow up consultations you will be closely monitored to ensure you are achieving your health goals.